Beast Mastery Survival Fire Holy Wands 10 Man 10 Man Heroic 25 Man 25 Man Heroic
10 Man Heroic
25 Man Heroic
The first World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch of the year is in development and now available for testing on the Public Test Realms. This minor patch includes several updates that we were unable to apply via hotfixes, including the recently announced cross-realm raids, assorted class balance fixes, and more. If you'd like to help us test out this patch and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character over to a test realm. Once you've had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our Public Test Realm forum to discuss the patch.
Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players.
- The Tier 13 Balance Druid 4-piece bonus now also increases the damage of Starsurge by 10%, in addition to its current effect.
- Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
- Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
- Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
- Land Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.
- Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35%.
- Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled.
Dungeons & Raids
- You can now form same-faction raids with Real ID friends, allowing you to enter Raid Finder in groups larger than 5, run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds. You will not yet be able to run normal or heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm raids of Real ID friends.
- Several typo fixes and clarified descriptions have been added to the Dungeon Journal entries for Dragon Soul.
- Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.
Greetings PTR users,
We have one known issue with the build that we'll be updating to today that we need to make sure you're aware of. Currently if you run the PTR client via Wow.exe it will give you an error "Blizzard Launcher has stopped working". To remedy this, you should be able to run the PTR client via the launcher.exe included in the PTR client.
This will happen once the patch is released later today. Once that is released, please post here if this does not work for you.
A new Patch 4.3.2 is being deployed on test realms as we speak, this is a "minor bug fix patch." according to the official notes but we do not have more details for the moment.
The launcher now optimizes your game folder and tries to improve game performance/reduce the size of the install on your hard drive.
64 Bit Game Client
The 64 bit client might appear in this patch, the current test build is tagged as "test x86", which implies that a 64 bit version is available somewhere.
Client Strings Changes
- ERR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS_DISCONNECT_WARNING = "You will be disconnected due to parental controls in %d |4minute:minutes;.";
- ERR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS_DISCONNECT_WARNING_SOON = "You will be disconnected due to parental controls in less than 1 minute.";
- TIME_PLAYED_ALERT = "You have been playing for %s. Excessive gameplay can cause inconvenience in your daily life.";
- Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider now properly shows the Reins of the Twilight Harbinger as a reward.
- Ruthless Gladiator's Twilight Drake Obtain the Ruthless Gladiator's Twilight Drake from Arena Season 10 of Cataclysm.
- Feldrake Summons and dismisses a rideable feldrake. This is a flying mount. 1.5 sec cast
- Eye of the Legion Right Click to summon and dismiss an Eye of the Legion. Instant
- Item - Druid T13 Balance 4P Bonus (Starsurge) now also increases Starsurge damage by 10%
- Lock and Load no longer affects Arcane Shots.
- Bombardment now lasts 5 secs instead of affecting your next multi shot only.
- Item - Paladin T13 Holy 4P Bonus (Holy Radiance) now increases healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%.
Thanks to www.mmo-champion.comfeldrake mount, 4 3 2 patch notes, patch 4 3 2 notes
PTR has been updated with Valor Point / Conquest Point changes.
As we all know, leveling and gearing alts these days is fairly easy, in fact, too easy some would say. If you do casual leveling (or even a grind), one way or another you will run trough a few dungeons (especially Cataclysm ones, for the nice 100,000XP bonus per run, which you can get up to 7 times per week), by the time you hit Level85 you should have enough Justice Points to get yourself 2Piece-Tier11, it all changes in Patch 4.3 though, you will only be able to acquire Tier sets by invading (raiding) the new Dragon Soul raid, which I guess is a nice change, but then again ... LookingForRaid is gonna be nerfed to dungeon difficulty levels (I have no doubt about that), and if "casuals" still won't be able to kill the bosses, Blizzard will keep nerfing it till they can. I think LookingForRaid is gonna beat the purpose of raiding in general, it's the path Cataclysm has taken since the beggining.
Now, I can understand the Valor change, you won't be able to get Tier from Valor Points anymore, so nerfing the amount gained is reasonable (I guess the usual rings/relics/offsets will still be there), but the Conquest Point change ... I guarantee you, PvP community is not gonna be happy (I am talking about people who PvP in the top bracket), can't wait to see people running around in Season10 gear they gained by doing non-rated Battlegrounds.
Valor Point Changes
This change is being made to further emphasize the desire to kill bosses for the items they drop. In the 4.3 raid, tier sets can only be earned from boss drops, and as Raid Finder will allow for just about anyone to get a chance to kill bosses, we think there will be less need for Valor overall. We want to try to match the lower desire for VP with a slightly slower acquisition rate.
Conquest Point Changes (Battlegrounds)
Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.